Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break Update

Hey friends,
This is Casey typing up this update. We just got done with Spring Break a couple weeks ago and did some spring cleaning/painting in our house. By the way, if anyone needs paint - DON'T BUY IT!!! We could run a Sherwin Williams out of our garage with all the paint we have!!! Here's some pictures of the changes we made. Janelle chose a grayish color to use in the kitchen/dining room/living room area that we really liked. The red to the right of the picture is a darker red than we had previously. That red now covers the wall where our fireplace is too.
As you can see - gray and red throughout the dining room/kitchen. It really does look nice!
We took the gray from the kitchen and ran it around the living room about 36 inches up as you can see. We will eventually put a chair rail where the two colors meet.
Our next job was the office. We got rid of the giant L-shaped desk since Janelle doesn't need it anymore for work and traded a friend for a much smaller desk. This opened the space up immensely! So we rearranged and painted one entire wall stripes. If you want to know some of the colors we have in our garage - look at this picture. We made the stripes with leftover paint from all of our other projects!
As far as the girls go, they are doing great. Hadley got her cast off last week so this is a pic before she got it off. Ella is as fun as ever. Getting bigger by the minute it seems.
Janelle is enjoying a girl's weekend right now and is off having fun with her friends Andrea, Bert, and Angie somewhere in the Boise/Nampa area. I have bail money ready just in case!
I've been conducting my research for my 2nd Masters and will be finished with the research part of it in the next couple of weeks. I'm testing whether or not a virtual dissection program allows students to learn as much as an actual dissection does. So I have a program and real dissections going on. I'd attach some pictures but I'm sure you aren't interested!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Janelle and Casey and girls,
I love your blog. And I know what you mean about spare paint. Maybe would could combine it all and open a store!
I haven't heard from you guys in so long. Glad to hear all is well.
We got to see the girls the other weekend at you are right they are growing and doing great.
I haven't posted on our blog for two weeks, we are working fast and furious on the house......still.
We love you and miss you.
Uncle Todd and Aunt Jackie

Daisy Rain Martin said...

Your painting is AWESOME! It's looks professional! I'd love to come see it in person! And... GOT RED? I just need to paint a few rocks red and set them out by my strawberries this spring so the birds won't eat them. The birds LOVE MY HOUSE!!! We have two robins that come and spend every spring/summer with us. We call them Mr. and Mrs. Howell, and they eat all our berries and poop purple poop down our nice white walls. Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yeah! Got red paint? I just need to paint a few rocks...

Love you!
Daisy Rain

Melanie said...

Hi guys! Love the new posts/pics, thank you CASEY. Your wall colors look awesome...when we finally get in a house I may have to ask what shades of red and grey you found that worked well....red is so hard to buy! But the stripes are my fave.

Thanks for sharing! Hope the bail money got put to good use!