Hey friends! Hadley, Janelle, and I are doing well today. We got over here just in time to help Hadley with her bath, something we have yet been able to help with. I've included some pics from this morning for all of you to see. She is now getting another PICC line put in as the other one she had from Boise clogged the other day.
A quick praise to our nurses and doctors because nobody had tried to flush that line because they knew it was clogged. In their concern for Hadley, they called an IV therapist (yes they do exist...I guess) to come in and look at it. He didn't feel comfortable with the line being in because of risk of infection. So they got the ok and pulled it out. Lucky for us, he was right. The line had clogged quite a ways up with dried that had been sitting in the line for awhile. The IV therapist told us that if they had flushed the line, it would have shoved all that , with possible bad infection, back into Hadley. I don't think he realized how important he was to us, but we told him over and over how thankful we were that he had come. A great intervention to say the least.
Anyways, she's getting that line in and Janelle and I are just going to go make ourselves busy because this can take awhile. It took almost 2 hours to do the one in Boise. So, it's Sunday, Father's Day and even though this isn't the most enjoyable place to be, I'm happy. I've got my 3 s and feel like the luckiest man alive. To be able to look into Hadley's eyes and see her beautiful face. To spend time with Ella just playing, coloring, and singing silly songs. And to know that I'm not in this alone with Janelle as I hold her hand whenever I get the chance. That's what it's all about.
A quick bit of information that I don't think I've told you before. Hadley tested positive the other day for a bacterial infection that was resistant to most of the antibiotics they had given her when they first found out she had one. So she is now on the "big guns" of antibiotics for this particular bacteria which runs for 14 days. They started that 14 day count on the 12th so we will be here for awhile. This gives us a great time to work on feeding, which Hadley is doing well with so far. She actually got all of one of her feedings directly from breast feeding. The nurses were impressed and we'll just keep trying (not me, but Janelle and Hadley!).
Casey
A quick praise to our nurses and doctors because nobody had tried to flush that line because they knew it was clogged. In their concern for Hadley, they called an IV therapist (yes they do exist...I guess) to come in and look at it. He didn't feel comfortable with the line being in because of risk of infection. So they got the ok and pulled it out. Lucky for us, he was right. The line had clogged quite a ways up with dried that had been sitting in the line for awhile. The IV therapist told us that if they had flushed the line, it would have shoved all that , with possible bad infection, back into Hadley. I don't think he realized how important he was to us, but we told him over and over how thankful we were that he had come. A great intervention to say the least.
Anyways, she's getting that line in and Janelle and I are just going to go make ourselves busy because this can take awhile. It took almost 2 hours to do the one in Boise. So, it's Sunday, Father's Day and even though this isn't the most enjoyable place to be, I'm happy. I've got my 3 s and feel like the luckiest man alive. To be able to look into Hadley's eyes and see her beautiful face. To spend time with Ella just playing, coloring, and singing silly songs. And to know that I'm not in this alone with Janelle as I hold her hand whenever I get the chance. That's what it's all about.
A quick bit of information that I don't think I've told you before. Hadley tested positive the other day for a bacterial infection that was resistant to most of the antibiotics they had given her when they first found out she had one. So she is now on the "big guns" of antibiotics for this particular bacteria which runs for 14 days. They started that 14 day count on the 12th so we will be here for awhile. This gives us a great time to work on feeding, which Hadley is doing well with so far. She actually got all of one of her feedings directly from breast feeding. The nurses were impressed and we'll just keep trying (not me, but Janelle and Hadley!).
Casey


0 comments:
Post a Comment