This is Janelle-- I finally pried Casey away from the computer to let you know my thoughts...
As Casey has let you know, Hadley is doing well! She acts like a normal baby girl with only a few special considerations. Everyone of the nurses that we have had have commented on how alert and "thoughtful" she looks. She is very curious and has really shown us her personality over the past week. I think she is going to follow in her big sister's footsteps by being a very active and determined little girl. I can't wait until she gets to meet all of her freinds and family! I am so excited to be home for a few weeks and to be a normal family again at least for a couple weeks!
The Cardiologists here are letting us know that there is a slim chance that Hadley will be able to continue as she is without any surgery-- the chances are much higher that she will undergo surgery again in a few weeks or perhaps a few months. The surgery will be another open heart surgery, this time to widen her pulmonary arteries that were stretched and narrowed during the last surgery. This one is much less intense than the first, with (hopefully) a shorter period of time on bipass and therefore a shorter recovery time. Our surgeon, Dr. Ungerleider, is optimistic about a potential of her "growing into" the narrowing that occurred in the last surgery-- I really want to hold on to that optimism-- however, no other doctor shares that optimism. So, for now Casey and I are choosing to accept the fact that surgery is going to happen and we are so excited that we get some time to breathe in our own home with both of our girls!! I am soooooo ready to be home right now!
I hope all of you know how much your encouraging words, letters, emails, phone calls, visits, financial help, and thoughts and prayers have inspired us. You were and continue to be a life-line for us when we have felt like the world was crashing around us. Words cannot describe the amount of gratitude we have for all of you. We hope you know that you made a difference in our lives and in the life of a beautiful 24- day old little girl. We are humbled by your kindness. Thank you! We will continue to keep you updated through this endeaver!
1 year ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment