Saturday, June 23, 2007

Keep Eating!!!

It's true, friends, Hadley gained weight over the last 24 hours! YEAH!!! We, again, have some amazing nurses here and they told us about a special bottle and that we should try because of the way Hadley likes to breast feed (No, it's nothing like the apparatus in Meet the Fockers if that's what you're thinking!). Well, the night nurse Kathy tried it and she ate exactly what she was supposed to! So a quick thank you, again, to our amazing nurses. Anyways, today is going well. She is being taken off her final medication today and only is on her antibiotics now. We're looking at Tuesday or Wednesday to come home. The cardiologist on duty this weekend said she looked at the ECHO from yesterday and said that not much had changed. They are still keeping their eyes on a few aspects however. They will again talk about her in the Monday meeting where our cardiologist in Boise will be listening in. One of our decisions now is whether or not to drive or fly home. There are pros and cons to each situation.
On a side note, I have been wondering just how many people have been reading this blog and found a free counter at the right of this page that I am using now. It amazes me because I put it on late last night and at last count there were 50+ hits. Thank you to all who check on our blog (even numerous times/day). We appreciate the support and encouragement.

Casey

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids,
Finally decided to write a note of thanks for all the journaling of our precious grand daugther. You have both shown such strength and courage and faith. She is beautiful, and we really enjoyed seeing her last week.
I am glad she is eating better and for some reason Casey, I CAN imagine you with the apparatus from the Focker family...ha! Maybe you should give it a try??
I give thanks daily to God that he has touched Hadley and will continue to heal her as you begin your trek towards Idaho. We will pray for safe travel and pray that Hadley will rest most of the way home..
Looking forward to seeing all of you as you pass through Baker City...
All our love, Shawna and Glen(Mom and Dad)