Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 8 - Recovery + pics

WOW, it has been a busy day already today friends! They were optimistic yesterday that she would be weaned off enough stuff to be able to get the ventilator out. Well, this morning one of the surgeons came in and got rid of the last two drains in her stomach. After they did rounds, they came back and removed her from the ventilator! She is breathing on her own, she still has the little tubes in her nose but nothing like what she had previously. We were both able to "hold" her. She can't be moved a ton right now but you'll see from the below pictures that we can partially pick her up off the bed and put our hands/arms under her and rock her. She can finally cry with sounds but her voice is very harsh as expected with the ventilator being down her throat for over a week now. They removed a lot of the stuff she was plugged into and now it seems that there is more Hadley. It is a sight for sore, tired eyes for us. Here's some beautiful pictures of our little Hadley! It is a blessing to see Hadley being herself. She has spunk!



Casey

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! She is so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing these pics with us. Seeing her like this is such an answer to our prayers. We will continue to pray for Hadley's recovery. Love you!!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey you two-

Those are the sweetest pictures of Hadley. I love the picture where her eyes are wide open. Spunk you say-wait until she is a teenager. LOL

Paige

Anonymous said...

Casey and Janelle,
Those are such BEAUTIFUL pictures of Hadley! I am SOO SOOO happy for all of you! The pictures made me smile! I can't believe how rapidly she has progressed from Saturday when we left! I'm especially happy for Hadley and for the two of you that you are able to hold her. What a blessing! Love you both tons! HUGS!

lyn said...

Hadley----YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
My heart is bursting with Joy.
Praising God!!!!
I want to get in the car and drive there so I can hold Hadley!!!
Please give her a kiss from me..
She is one special "spunky" girl.
I love you!!

Nana

Sami Jo said...

How Great is our God!
Thanks Casey for keeping up with the updates.
Please give her a big ol' kiss for her aunt Jackie.
Hurry home Hadley----your cousins Bailey, Birch and Macarti
can't wait to see you!
We all love you to the moon and back.
Aunt Jackie and Uncle Todd

Sami Jo said...

How Great is our God!
Thanks Casey for keeping up with the updates.
Please give her a big ol' kiss for her Aunt Jackie.
Hurry home Hadley----your cousins Bailey, Birch and Macarti
can't wait to see you!
We all love you to the moon and back.
Aunt Jackie and Uncle Todd

Sami Jo said...

How Great is our God!
Thanks Casey for keeping up with the updates.
Please give her a big ol' kiss for her aunt Jackie.
Hurry home Hadley----your cousins Bailey, Birch and Macarti
can't wait to see you!
We all love you to the moon and back.
Aunt Jackie and Uncle Todd

Mark and Nancy said...

Oh sweet Hadley...how very beautiful you are and how blessed you are to have chosen the parents you did. Your church family is praying for you and cheering you on. We can't wait to see you in person.
Nancy Pitts....Early Church

Bari said...

Yes, I'm gonna ramble again...

I visited Casey, Janelle and Hadley on Tuesday evening and was amazed at the obvious improvement in Hadley.

She's lost so much of the fluid (that made her appear so bloated) and she is now really a normal-sized baby! Since they've closed the incision in her chest, the site is healing very, very well, and so fast!

While I was there Hadley was awake, looking around, and even grasped her little hand around my (thoroughly sanitized) finger.

The turn-around (since this past weekend) is astounding.

The Doernbecher staff continues to be so amazing. They're always professional and "in the moment," yet very present, cordial and personable with the family and the baby!

Also, we'll never know the importance of having the Ronald McDonald House so handy for Casey and Janelle.
I'll never again be able to pass-up one of those coin boxes for the Ronald McDonald House!
Donate early and donate often.

-Uncle Bari
(Casey's uncle)

PS: I've been taught that serenity isn't absence from the storm, it's peace AMIDST the storm!