Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 8 - Recovery

Hey there friends. It's been another good night/morning here with Hadley. She looks so good! They are SLOWLY (and I do mean slowly) getting her off the meds, ventilator, etc throughout the day today. We have to see how she reacts to just the littlest adjustment. They also told us today that there are no plans to have a second surgery for the constriction in her pulmonary arteries. However, it is always a possibility and depends how she does when she is fully on her own without medication and the ventilator. So we are prepared for that "if" possibility of a second surgery for her. She is not completely cleared of that yet. She did, yet again, amaze us by being completely awake this morning. She was moving her arms and legs around again and looking at everything in the room (mostly just mommy!). They are increasing her feeds so she is getting more milk constantly. So we are in the waiting stage yet again, however we are hopeful for things to come. Thank you for your support and encouragement. You will never understand how your comments affect us and give us a lift over here. Thank you.

Casey

2 comments:

Danielle-Rob said...

Casey and Janelle---

I am pained to hear of your current struggle. I hope that it is okay that I write to you, as I recieved this email from Amy, who got it from Linda. I have been trying to write something worthwhile for three days, yet my heart and head are not joining. All I can say is that many people, including Rob and I, are praying for you, and God DOES hear prayers. Keep the bad in perspective, and always remember the good that you have in your lives (two beautiful girls and God's unending love). Please, if there is anything you need, do not hesitate to ask. We are both willing and able and although our hearts are pained by this news, we know God will come through. Keep the faith and you will get beyond this struggle and move into another wonderful and amazing phase in life. Good luck and God is on YOUR side!

All our love and prayers,
Danielle & Rob

Bari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.