Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 5 - Recovery PM update

As I promised, I am here giving you another update after the procedure Hadley went through this afternoon. The doctor came back and told us that there was indeed a narrowing (or constriction) in her pulmonary artery. This is most likely caused by the stretching that occurs with the arterial switch (heart surgery) that she underwent. The cardiologist spoke with the pediatric heart surgeon (Dr. Ungerleider) and he agreed to look at everything tomorrow morning and decide whether or not to have Hadley undergo another surgery tomorrow to correct the narrowness.
In the meantime, Hadley has been consistently losing a lot of fluids and she is beginning to look a lot more like a normal little baby (despite all the tubes, stitches, etc in her). Her face is looking less swollen, her legs and arms as well. Janelle and I are in good spirits regardless of what the doctor says tomorrow because either way we know that Hadley is still on the road to recovery. She just took her own time getting there.
I will update tomorrow morning as soon as we know if she will go into surgery or not.

Casey

0 comments: