Hi there friends. It is me again updating you on our little Hadley. I've also got a couple more things on my mind right now, but we'll get to Hadley first. She has had a great day and is still losing more fluids. Not as much as the doctor would like right now so they are going to increase the diuretic overnight. But it looks like she is scheduled for tomorrow morning for her chest closure procedure. I think that they actually bring a surgical team into the room and do it in Hadley's room. We'll know more about that tomorrow. I have to be honest, though it has been a good day and Janelle and I are in good spirits, I am feeling a little nervous about tomorrow. They have reminded us that there is still a long way to go to full recovery and that after her chest is closed there is another 24/48 hour CRITICAL period in which she will be constantly watched and monitored (more closely than she already has been). So keep us in your prayers tomorrow and I will update everyone when I get a chance tomorrow.
The reason why I am kindof nervous about tomorrow is because of a sad conversation I had today. I was over at the House changing out our laundry and I ran into a couple we had met earlier in the week. They were traveling down from Canada along the coast and she was 20+ weeks pregnant. When they got to Seaside, she wasn't feeling very well but thought it may have been a bug or something. The next morning they decided to go to a doctor because she wasn't feeling any better. The doctor told her that she was dilated and that the baby was coming out that day. So they had their baby almost 13 weeks premature. We had seen them in the NICU where he is staying. Beyond just the regular superficial conversation today, I felt a need to truly ask them how their little boy was doing. To my suprise, she started crying and told me that he had passed away today. He had caught a bad disease in the NICU and they couldn't get to it in time with antibiotics. I was stunned, heartbroken, and speechless. A couple, who had so much hope a few days before when we spoke, was now going to leave this hospital without the little one they had come here with. All I could do was promise that I would have people praying for them, pray for them myself, and give them a hug before quietly leaving their presence. So my plea for you is to not only be holding up Hadley in your prayers and thoughts, but all of the parents, children, siblings, grandparents, etc. who may have someone in this huge hospital or are in here themselves. There are so many other stories, like our neighbors in the PICU from Klamath Falls who have a baby , Esther, who was born with Downs and a heart defect. They initially told them 7-10 days recovery and this is their 3rd week in PICU, going on their 4th I believe. Please keep them in your prayers. The list can go on and on with the people that we run into on a daily basis who truly need strength, love, and most often simply rest. My thoughts and prayers tonight go out for our family, and the many others. Please remember them as you pray too.
~Casey
1 year ago


2 comments:
Thanks Casey for being faithful in your daily writings. You make us feel like we are there and we also know how and what to pray for that day. Your Hadley is a true warrior princess! She continues to show us how to be strong in the face of adversity! We will pray for the people that you have befriended and the needs that you have presented. We look forward to the day the you can be a family of four in your home in Idaho. Dave and Twila
Casey and Janelle, you and your little ones are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do personally or professionally, please do not hesitate to call me, 1-800-274-4018 ext. 2118. My regular gig, when not at the "Y" is a case manager for Blue Cross of Idaho. I can try to help find resources and hook you up with state assistance if you have not already done so, but needs to be applied for while your daughter is still inpatient. If you leave a message on my voice mail, it pages me, I can call either of you back and talk with you. Casey, you are missed at kickboxing. All of you are in Jaden and my prayers. Take care of yourselves!
Post a Comment