Monday, June 25, 2007

Less than 12 hours to go...

Friends, it has been a long road to today but we are less than 12 hours away from getting to take our Hadley home. Looking back, it has been a long, winding road. There have been many ups and downs in this section and we couldn't have made it without many people's love, prayers, support, and encouragement. It's not that the road is ending right now, we've just made it around some bumpy spots. There is more road to travel in the future, but we look forward to having a "rest" at home and living our "normal" lives. We've got a long drive ahead of us tomorrow and we're starting out early. Hadley should be released sometime between 6-8 am tomorrow and then we're on the road. I'm going to go get the rental car here in the next hour or so.
On a fun note, my brother Mark is down in Monmouth (sp?) right now for a football camp and he's decided to make the trek up to see Hadley (for the first time!) and help me get to the rent-a-car place tonight. I look forward to just hanging out with my bro for awhile. My uncle Bari should be up with Janelle and Hadley right now so expect a comment in the coming times!!! I'm writing, for the last time during this stay, from the Ronald McDonald House (or as Ella called it..."Old McDonald's House"). I just finished cleaning up our room and got the nod from the house manager that we could check out tomorrow early. We've got everything packed and ready to go.
As you probably just saw, I added a guestbook to the side of our page as well. Please sign it if you have checked up on us during this adventure. We would like to see all who have been with us. We will be updating you periodically as well when we get home! We love and adore all of you, thanks again for your support.

Casey

2 comments:

Bari said...

As Casey mentioned, I was at Doernbecher on Monday evening. Hadley was snoozing on mom's lap, as if nothing had ever happened.

Plus, she was totally unhooked from all machines and monitors. What progress!

In seeing her at various times during the past 25 days, I am truly amazed at how fast she has healed (not to mention the meticulous care by scores of Doernbecher staffers).

During my Monday evening visit, Casey AND Mark popped-in (before heading to the rental car agency at the airport). It was a mini-family reunion, plus, it was the first time Mark had seen Hadley.

The journey continued...one mile at a time and one day at a time...

-Uncle Bari (in Portland)

Drew and Michelle said...

Casey,

I hope you remember me, Drew Barton, from the old days. I was looking at Jeremy's blog and saw his link to yours and thought I would check it out.

It was fun to read up on your family and everything. I just wanted to share with you that my thoughts and prayers are with your little Hadley. I have a friend whose baby has had to go through nearly the same stuff over the past 7 months. I hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you. Take care.

Drew
http://www.thebartonclan.blogspot.com/