Just wanted to update everyone about Hadley. Today was the waiting game for us. We had to wait to see when we would fly out to Portland for Hadley's surgery and all the rest of the details. We got an early suprise at about 1:00 this afternoon. The doctor talked with us and told us that they wanted us in Portland early tomorrow morning (Tuesday). So Janelle gets to fly with Hadley in a little plane and has to leave super early tomorrow morning. I'm following along with Southwest and will probably get there sooner than they will! They will evaluate Hadley tomorrow and do some more tests before surgery on Wednesday. Now we feel like things are rolling along and we can get going in this new adventure. Though the next couple of days/weeks are going to be super hard, we are hopeful and excited to get Hadley into the doctor's guided hands. Our cardiologist, Dr. Womack, has told us to honestly prepare for the worst in the next couple of days. Hadley will firmly hit bottom after the surgery and there will be some small things that pop up to deal with in the few days after surgery. Soon after, she will begin to soar and heal. That reminds me of a poem my brother-in-law Cody Stauffer wrote. In it he says, " You can clip my wings, but I'll still fly. I soar on something more powerful..." that's all I know of the important part. I'll update it fully later. Cody, please forgive me if I hacked it up!!!
On another positive note, I got to hold Hadley for the first time since her birth today. I just sat there and soaked in her beautiful radiance. She is such an amazing girl and a fighter to boot. She is still very sensitive to touch, noises, and light but when she is in our arms she tends to calm down a little better. It is so soothing to hear her breathe, squeak, and crying is music to our ears though it tends to lower her stats when she gets agitated.
I forgot to share this amazing happening in my other posts so here it is: The other day Hadley was in her contraption and Janelle walked up to look in. Hadley instantly opened her eyes and just gazed at Janelle for a few seconds. It seemed like a beautiful eternity. She seemed to be telling us that she knew we were there. She blinked a couple of times and just kept gazing at Janelle. I can only imagine what our little girl is thinking. "Hi mommy, I'm alright. Just a little tired of being in this thing. I can't wait to just sit in your arms without all this stuff on me! I love you to the moon." We can't wait either Hadley, we can't wait either.
1 year ago


2 comments:
We wanted to let you know that we are praying and that our church here in Alaska is praying. We are praying for Hadley, the doctors, and you guys. Hang in there.
Zach, Dawn & Carter Paulson
Thank you for these updates. The church here in Mackay is praying for all of you and will continue to pray. We love you!!!
Love,
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment