Sunday, June 3, 2007

Life Around Us

As I sit here in the NICU, I see time go by slowly. Waiting, wishing, trying to get a little rest. Nervous about what the future has to hold. I ventured outside for only the second time in 3 days (both trips only to our car for odds and ends). Despite the heat, I stopped for a moment and just looked around. I noticed flowers blooming, the hot wind blowing, the radiant sun shining on my face, and cars driving steadily by on the nearby interstate. It was at that moment I realized that LIFE was going on around us. It's not leaving us behind, moving faster than we are (though at times we feel like it is). It hasn't slowed down to a snail's pace either. It's just there. I'm thankful to be around LIFE. It's comforting to know that it does go on when sometimes we feel like it will never get back to "normal" (whatever that is). At this point, I honestly long for the LIFE that I viewed around me just a few minutes ago. Yet I look forward to the new experiences that I have in the next couple of weeks.

~Casey

1 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the updates! Just praying that Hadley's surgery will go great and that there won't be any more surprises.