7:26 pm: Finally getting a chance to write you friends. It has been another LONG day here at OHSU. We started our day at 5:00am yet again because we wanted to get over to see Hadley before she went in for surgery. We made it over there in plenty of time and both got to hold her. It was one of the most amazing experiences. She is such a beautiful and it is my pleasure to be given the opportunity to be her "daddy-bear".
Waiting. That pretty much summarizes our day today. It was really hard to leave Hadley this morning and I was very emotional. Janelle was my rock and helped me get through saying "see ya later" to her. Afterwards we just sat in a waiting room with a pager (not unlike Olive Garden) that beeps and vibrates when they page us. The doctors, nurses, and anesthesiologist were amazing and made perfectly clear what was happening today. Each of them explained it to us in detail, leaving no stone unturned. We were able to ask any questions we wanted at anytime. For once, it was nice to be over-informed. The surgery was supposed to take 4-6 hours to complete with the nurse paging us every couple of hours to update us. However, Hadley had some complications which led to an 8 1/2 hour surgery and being left with her chest open until this weekend when swelling goes down. This is the first thing you see when you walk into her room: 

Comforting isn't it? The next 48 hours are critical for our little Hadley. They will be monitoring her very closely with two nurses watching constantly and numerous doctors coming in and out. All the while they will be running tests on her little body to make sure she is doing well. We still wait.




8 comments:
Casey, Janelle, Ella, and Hadley: I have been wanting to respond to your postings, but I didn't have an account to do so. The latest posting was too much for me not to respond to, so I've set up an account and am now finally writing. Kathleen and I know that we cannot imagine what you are going through, but it sure sounds like our worst nightmare in terms of loving our children and feeling unable to control the situation.
In my office we have had a candle burning all day for Hadley and will continue to keep you present in our thoughts and prayers. Your community at the Y is pulling for all of you. We are posting your updates and keeping the staff and members informed. A lot of love is being expressed here, so I hope that you can feel it there. I don't know what else to say, but please know that our prayers are with you all. Peace,
Scott
You are all in our thoughts and prayers! We can already tell that she has a strong spirit as she has already touched many of our lives!
May God be with you during this heartfelt time.
We are sending all the love to you and prayers that Hadley will only have great days ahead. She is strong like her Mom and Dad. Nels, you hang in there and know that we can't wait to have you home and hold Hadley. Dave and Twila
Boothby fam--
We are thinking about you all and praying for you, too. We're not too far from Portland if you would ever like some compay. Let us know. You can email us if you'd like at kafreeby@hotmail.com, kimf@mtviewnaz.org
Kim and Matthew Freeby
Just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts constantly since I learned of Hadley's birth and challenging first days of life! I can't even begin to imagine how you all have felt over the past week, but I know that you are strong and have friends and family that will be praying for you and there for you, whatever you may need!
See you all soon!!!!
LeAnn (Craig, Jared and Jayden)
Casey,Janelle,Ella and Hadley: Thank you for taking the time to update all of us during this deeply personal time. Keith,Candace and I are praying "without ceasing" for little Hadley. This special little girl has touched so many of us and you and Janelle have shown us courage.
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...but learning to dance in the rain" We love you all!!!
Aunt Carol
My name is Carrie Goffard, I work with Jeanne Keller and I helped her find your site. My daughter was born with Tricuspid Artresia with a VSD and a ASD. She had 3 different surgeries before she was 1 year old and open heart surgery at a year and a half, she will be 18 years old in October. I can so understand what you all are going through and you are in my prayers. Jeanne knows how to get a hold of me if you ever need someone to talk to that understands. In prayers Carrie
Casey, Janelle, Ella, and Hadley:
Your a wonderful family,
Kids, our thoughts are with you always. We're praying.
Ella, your full of surprise and wonder.
Hadley, your simply amazing.
Mark & Lyn, we go a long ways back, your family and ours; but know this, we will always be there.
We're a phone call away, no matter what.
All our Love!
Steve & Jeanne, Jared & Shar, & Roudy & Mindy
Post a Comment